IT Project Engineer
EXCEDEO – IT Support Pros, is a Managed Service Provider, leading Microsoft Partner, fast-paced and growing IT consulting services firm located in San Diego, looking for an experienced IT Project Engineer. This role function is a technical Subject Matter Expert. Project Engineer is responsible for the completion of IT engineering projects. Performs engineering design evaluations and works to complete projects within budget and scheduling restraints.
This role partners with Excedeo’s management and Support team to implement and support trusted technology. Responsible also for providing analytical and change control support and execution in support of deployed systems.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALITIES:
- A passion for customer service and strong work ethic.
- Knows how to promote the Team and is a strong Team Player.
- Self-starter with excellent communication skills at technical and non-technical levels.
- Attention to detail and quality of work.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills with repeatable process to economize client funds.
- Adeptness at utilizing resources and finding solutions.
- Ability to respond 24×7 for on-call rotation, daily work schedule flexible for coverage.
- Set client expectations effectively.
- Natural ability to listen, work and empathize with end user’s challenges and possess a sense of urgency regarding resolving end users’ challenges, is required.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science
- Microsoft Certified (Preferred)
- Windows: Complete understanding of Microsoft best practices to implement Active Directory, DNS server, DHCP server, Domain trusts, GPOs, DC Replication, and system upgrades. Master Windows OS security, DFS, and Domain Federation. Experience deploying RDS servers, and publishing applications.
- Office 365: Complete understanding of the deployment process of new Office 365 environments (Exchange, SharePoint, and Teams). MS On-Premise Exchange migrations to Office 365 Environments. On-premise File System migrations to O365 SharePoint and One Drive.
- Backups and disaster recovery process: Experience with backup management, implementation, and testing. Familiar with multiple disaster recovery methods (full restore, run VM from backups, standby servers, bare metal restores, etc).
- Networking: Complete understanding of routing protocols and switching terminology (trunk, access, Spanning Tree, port channeling, jumbo frames)
- Security: Master the configuration and deployment of firewalls (SonicWall and Cisco are preferred); access lists, NATs, routing, IPS, Antivirus, Content Filtering, and IPS.
- Cloud Technology: MS Azure Fundamentals is required. MS Azure Administration is preferred.
- Standards and Regulations: HIPAA, ITAR, ITIL.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design network and system solutions using latest technology.
- Be up-to-date on new technologies, procedures, and solutions
- Execute projects following company standards
- Prepare project documentation, identify changes and document results.
- Follow change control procedures
- Monitor daily backup results
- Review of patterns in NOC alerts; take immediate action to remediate critical alerts, and provide recommendations to improve stability and reliability of the client’s networks and systems.
- Document time spent in each project
Consider these quick facts on why joining our team is the best career move you can make. We offer you:
✓ Challenging projects that increase your knowledge
✓ Proven systems and processes balanced with resources to achieve results
✓ Compensation and benefits that reward your individual and team contribution
✓ A team environment where your strengths are valued and developed
✓ A place where your contributions are valued, and you are encouraged
As a Managed Service Provider, we are a one stop IT services and support solutions provider focused on improving productivity for small and medium sized businesses. With over 30 years of experience in IT consulting services and support, we provide the most cost-effective technical solutions to help maximize our clients’ return on investment in technology and human capital. Our mission is to provide excellent outsourced technology services with the highest standards of professionalism and competence to make our customers more efficient, more productive, and more satisfied with their technology investments.
We are an equal opportunity firm and we offer an excellent benefit package to full-time employees including 100% medical, optional dental, up to 3 vacation weeks, bonuses and commissions, and personal training budget.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE CONTACT US
Email Your Resume To [email protected]