You could hire an in-house team to take care of your IT needs, but would that be the most cost-efficient and flexible solution for your business?
Here are a few ways to tell if partnering with a managed IT solutions provider is a better fit.
What are Managed IT Solutions?
The technological world is a dynamically changing landscape. When things don’t run as they should, the whole team feels it, from the individual user to those who rely on those team members. Smaller businesses might rely on a single individual in the office who might be familiar with IT. However, as a business grows, consistent IT management without a systematic solution will ultimately steal valuable time and resources from team members who should be focusing on the tasks they were hired to do.
When a business uses a managed IT service, they outsource their IT needs to a third-party service provider with access to experts, resources, and solutions. These experts cover a wide range of IT operations, from cloud storage to maintenance, security, and disaster recovery.
Why Managed IT Solutions are Right for Your Business
A company might consider creating a strictly in-house solution over utilizing a managed service, but for small to medium-sized businesses, managed IT services are the superior choice, as they offer the most comprehensive and up-to-date services at the most cost-efficient price. There are countless reasons that managed IT solutions are a good fit for your business. Here are a few.
- Cost Management: Not only does using a managed service keep costs predictably low, but it allows you to upscale or downscale according to your business needs on a monthly or yearly basis. Hiring an in-house only team does not allow for the same amount of flexibility. Furthermore, IT support often requires many unforeseen technologies and costs that may be overwhelming for a business, not to mention the cost for crisis events. Managed services include these additional technologies and crisis costs in your contract, making your cost more manageable.
- Up-To-Date Expertise: An additional source of IT cost is training for a in-house only team. Through a managed IT service provider, their experts are trained in the best and most current information technology solutions. Businesses can have confidence knowing that they have access to expertise, whether they use a managed service to cover all of their IT needs, or they simply rely on an informed point-of-contact to compliment their in-house team.
- 24/7 Support: A good managed IT service will have resources in every time zone to assist your team at all hours of the day, including the weekends. Strictly in-house teams will be limited in these capabilities. These services also include live monitoring and real-time alerts, so that systems don’t go down hours before someone notices that something is wrong.
- Maintenance and Cybersecurity: Managed IT services invest in the newest technologies to keep your systems running and to avoid major problems. With cybercrimes on the rise and ever-changing, having reliable experts on hand prevents data breaches and attacks.
What to Look For When Choosing a Managed IT Service.
A good third-party IT service will be communicative and comprehensive. Here are some services to consider. A good managed IT service will:
- Perform many services for your company (communications, security, IT, data backup, network administration)
- Include remote monitoring and around-the-clock support
- Offer flexible payment options
- Assign a reliable point-of-contact for your business
- Incorporate disaster management into your contract
Excedeo Managed IT Services is Right for Your Business
Whether your business already has an in-house team or wants to outsource its entire IT solutions, Excedeo offers a service that will come right alongside your business’s needs. Our services save you time by creating a roadmap to help your business reach its goals, with included specialties in compliance and cybersecurity. Sign up for a free cybersecurity assessment and consider consulting with Excedeo to get the best offer for your company. Take control of your business technology.
As a Microsoft Partner and Cloud Solution Provider (CSP), Excedeo’s suite of scalable solutions covers everything from servers and network infrastructure to computers, workstations, and mobile devices—providing adaptable, stress-free end-to-end solutions regardless of your business model. Our smart design and passion for helping growth-stage organizations allows us to offer enterprise-level solutions at prices that work for small to medium-sized businesses.